During the Polish-Turkish War (1672-1676) the castle twice suffered damage: in 1672 and 1676. But it was soon rebuilt and with Rakovets castle was of great strategic importance during the next Polish-Turkish War (1683-1699). At that time the Chernelytskyy castle was the eastern fortress of Rzecz Pospolita on the right bank of the Dniester. During the time of the Polish king Jan III Sobieski rations and fodder was stored here. Jan III Sobieski stayed several times here during their journeys. Once, Chernelytskyy Castle had sharp corners, rectangular two-storey tower above the entrance gate and walls of 6 m height, 2.5 m thickness. Good condition stated tower and fragments of the castle wall until nowadays. The exterior facade of the tower is decorated with carved in stone emblem of "Pursuit". On the inside of the tower there is a visible emblem "Piliava" with latin letters E.S.X.C.W.B., which stands for: Euphrosynia Stanislavska, Princess Czartoryska, Vojvodina of Bratslav.
Ivano-Frankivsk region, Chernelytsya village, Horodenkivskyi district
48.812291 | 25.431114