The church was built in 1729. However, due to too shallow foundation, the building walls cracked, so in 1752 it had to disassemble. The next year started the construction of the new church designed by architect Stanislav Potocki (Didych city) and Christian Dalke in the style of the Austro-Bavarian baroque with elements of classicism. Construction continued until 1763. During the siege and shelling in 1764 of the city, the tower of the church was destroyed by the Russian army. Austrian authorities in 1773 abolished the Jesuit Order and the church closed.Gradually the building collapsed. In 1849 the church was given to the Greek Catholic parish church. With the establishment of the Greek Catholic episcopacy the Church became St. Voskresinsky cathedral. In 1946, the department transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church and in 1990returned to Greek Catholic church.
48.922336 | 24.708607